Maha Sudarshana Homam – Cost, Benefits, and Procedure
Hindus perform a fire-based ceremony known as Maha Sudarshana Homam. A person who participates in Maha Sudarshana Homam obtains victory over his foes, is shielded from the evil eye, and helps dispel negativity.
The homam promotes cleansing and aids in reviving vitality and health. Additionally, it fosters achievement and offers profound degrees of purification.
The Sudharshana Chakra, one of Lord Vishnu’s main mental weapons and the preserver and sustainer of the universe, is the source of Maha Sudarshana Homam. Lord Vishnu is frequently shown holding the powerful Sudharshana Chakra, a sort of wheel, in one hand. He uses this as his weapon to aggressively slash the evil forces with a spinning motion every time he proudly dispatches them.
Hindu texts claim that Surya, the Sun God, leftover shavings that eventually became the Sudharshana Chakra. Saint Vishwakarma fashioned the Sudharshana Chakra and other potent golden things from the Surya Deva. In addition, devotees think the sword had 108 serrated edges. One powerful weapon known as the Sudharshana Chakra has the might of a million suns.
Who should perform Maha Sudarshana Homam?
An individual ought to conduct Maha Sudarshana Homam if they:
- requires protection from the evil eye
- requires refuge from the difficult issues brought on by formidable foes.
- has to be shielded from any powerful and detrimental interference, whether it be in the waking, sleeping, or dreaming states.
- wants to be very wealthy.
- desires a decisive win or very successful outcomes.
- aspires to overcome health challenges.
- wants to explore more profound cleansing experiences.
- aims to serve the community and individuals.
Maha Sudarshana Homam Benefits
The advantages of taking part in Maha Sudarshana Homam are as follows:
- Maha Sudarshana Homam promotes success.
- It promotes health renewal and aids in physical recovery.
- Additionally, it aids in the detoxification of negative and poisonous energy.
- Sincere wishes can be fulfilled with the aid of Maha Sudarshana Homam.
- Additionally, it offers enormous achievement and great victories through manifestations.
- Additionally, it offers quick alleviation from unfounded pains or concerns.
- The homam also aids in offering defense against formidable adversaries and the evil eye.
When should I perform Maha Sudarshana Homam?
The homam can be performed on Ekadashi, Dwadashi, and Poornima as well. Additionally, it is best to do the Sudarshana Homa on Wednesdays and Saturdays as well as during Buddha Horas. Griha Pravesh Puja also can be performed during this Homam.
What is the procedure for performing Maha Sudarshana Homam?
The Maha Sudarshana Homam offers the finest defense against all evils, dosha nivaran, and alleviation from problems brought on by foes, the evil eye, black magic, and dread. It also aids in the treatment of health issues and persecution by demonic forces.
How to do Maha Sudarshana Homam is as follows:
- The Sudarsana Manthra Japam is recited to begin the Homam.
- The Naarayaanakrupavyuha Tejaschakraya Nama and Sudarshana Ashtottharam, which begin with the Sudarsanaya Nama and end with it, are recited.
- The priest then forces you to do the Sri Sudarsana Homa Maha Sankalpa, during which you ask the gods to bless you.
- The priest then performs the Shodasopachara Aaradhanam, invoking all the gods, including Lord Kumbam, Lord Varuna, Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Narayana, and Lord Sudarsana.
- The next is Agni Prathishtai.
- The Sri Sudarsana Shadakshari is then done 108 times with ahuthi to begin the homam.
- Following all of the Aahutis, the Homam comes to an end with the Poornahuthi.
- Following the Poornahuthi, everyone in attendance circles the Agni Kuntam while reciting Sri Sudarsan Ashtakam.
- The homam then comes to an end, and the Bhasmam is worn as forehead protection.
What is the cost of Maha Sudarshana Homam?
Ingredient expenditures and priest Dakshina make up the majority of the Homam’s expenses. The price of the components ranges from Rs. 2000 to Rs. 3500. Therefore, Homam’s overall cost is less than Rs. 10,000. There can be extra costs if the homam is performed at a temple.
What is Sudarshana Homam Mantra?
It is suggested to say this mantra every day to get Lord Sudarshana’s blessings. Here are the lyrics of the Sudarshana Homam Mantra.
Om Namo Bhagavathe Mahasudarshanaya Deepthre,
Jwalapareethaya Sarvadigshobhanakaraya Brahmane Para Jyothishe,
Hum Paht Swaha